The Ultradimension is an alternate dimension seperate from the original dimension, the Hyperdimension. Most of the story in Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory took place in this dimension. Its timeline takes place in the 1980's.
- The 1980's was when the video game's industry revolutionized and the decade of its highs and lows.
- 1989 might have been used as the year Neptune fell in because of its importance in the gaming industry. This includes the release of revolutionary handheld video game systems like Nintendo Gameboy and the Atari Lynx.
- A notable event during the 1980's and beyond the 8-bit to 16-bit era of video games are the console wars. More specifically, a console war took place between the aforementioned handhelds and other gaming systems.
- In the Ultradimension, Planeptune was still under heavy development unlike its more advanced parallel in the Hyperdimension. This could reference of Sega's entry and expansion of home console market in the 1980's.
- In the Ultradimension, Lowee is seen to be very prosperous while Planeptune is a developing but somewhat declining nation. This could reference Sega's failure to capture Japan and U.S.'s market with its Master System against Nintendo's NES system. Even though the Master System is technically superior to the NES, its failure was due to Nintendo's intense, strategic marketing and the ineffective marketing of the Master System by Tonka, the holder of the distribution rights to the Master System.
- In the Ultradimension, Noire recently became a CPU, and Lastation was created. Despite that fact, she had already surpassed Planeptune in terms of success and advancement. This could reference Sony's series of successes in the 1980's. Although the Playstation wasn't released until 1994, one of Sony's notable success is its purchase of Columbia Pictures in 1989, greatly expanding its media presence.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.