|Whatever life holds in store for me, I will never forget these words: "With great power comes great responsibility."
Spider-Man has declared that this article is still under construction.
Atlantica is the central location for the popular Disney franchise The Little Mermaid. The kingdom is located beneath the Atlantic Ocean and is ruled by the sea king, King Triton. Atlantica's most famous residents are none other than King Triton's free-spirited and adventurous daughter Ariel, her best friend Flounder and the court composer crab Sebastian. These friends usually get Atlantica in hot water but clean up the mess they sometimes start. This kingdom was once ruled for a short time by the evil sea witch and former member of the royal court of King Triton, Ursula, who is now deceased.
Places of Interest
- Triton's Palace: The home of King Triton, Ariel's sisters, and Sebastian. The palace holds bedrooms for every member, a large dining room, many hallways, a concert hall, and a treasury.
- The City: The area where the actual residents live in Atlantica. The city surrounds Triton's palace.
- Ariel's Grotto: Ariel's current secret room, hidden in a cave. A large boulder hides the entrance. Ariel's grotto was once filled with many human items such as paintings, weapons, forks, and spoons. It has held two separate collections of human items, all gathered by Ariel. Ariel was forced to destroy the first collection herself, after Ursula enchanted the objects to attack Atlantica. Ariel restarted her collection, but most of the items in the grotto were destroyed by King Triton in the film. However, at least twelve years later, the grotto still held Ariel's collection, either as a writers' oversight, or implication that Triton repaired/replaced the items in the collection after the events of the original film.
- Ship Graveyard: A place filled with small sunken ships. Ariel and Flounder visit the graveyard often to search for human things.
- Marketplace: Area where most people shop. In the animated series, Ariel travels here often with Urchin and Flounder.
In Other Media
Atlantica is a world in the Kingdom Hearts games, encompassing not only the sea but also the land where Prince Eric resides. In this world, visitors are given magical forms to survive and adapt, such as the case with Sora, Donald, and Goofy, who were given aquatic forms to swim underwater. The world seems to also hold lore on the Keyblade and its history, as King Triton was able to recognize the weapon and the danger it possessed. Atlantica appears in Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories (though as in illusion in this game), and Kingdom Hearts II, all of them following a plot similar to the original film.